The Central Florida Theatre in Process weekend choices and picks are in — and no one can say there is nothing going on!
Each week, CFTiP will provide resources and links to a variety of events playing in the Central Florida area, along with news and views! To get involved, join the conversation at our facebook group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/277284114334/.
Events this weekend include:
* “ROCK ORLANDO” from the Greater Orlando Actors Theatre (G.O.A.T.) in Winter Park. Come enjoy a great show and help GOAT celebrate the launch of its new space at the Creadle Business Center.
For information: https://www.facebook.com/events/260862024031860/.
Come join the celebration of GOAT’s new space at 2431 Aloma Ave. #300 in Winter Park. This show has a PG rating.
* “MR. MARMALADE” has its FINAL WEEKEND! Howler’s Theatre and Renegade Theater Inc. collaborated on this show at the Lowndes Shakespeare Center at Loch Haven Park in Orlando. For reservations, call 407-797-9785. Discounts are available for students, and get another dollar off if you check in on Facebook at the event. The show is Friday and Saturday at 8 p.m.
For info: http://howlerstheatre.com/.
This play is intended for Mature Audience, no one under 18 admitted.
* “EVERYBODY LOVES CHLAMYDIA” plays at the Footlight Theatre at the Parliament House resort in downtown Orlando on Monday nights, including Sept. 3, 10, 17 & 24 at 8. This show is a transfer from the Orlando International Fringe Theatre Festival 2012. It’s a campy comedy – Chlamydia teams up with Promiscuity in a plot to take over the town of Virginity and destroy the world. Tickets are $10 in advance. For info: http://www.WanziePresents.com/.
This is for mature audiences only.
* CHRISTINA CRAWFORD is making a live appearance at the Parliament House resort on Orange Blossom Trail in Orlando tonight! Get your tickets now to talk to Christina, author of the autobiographical book “Mommie Dearest.”
Crawford will be live on stage at the resort’s Footlight Theatre for the World Premiere movie event — the unveiling of her new documentary, “Surviving Mommie Dearest.” This event is for One Night Only – tonight at 7:30 p.m.!
For reservations, log on to: http://www.WanziePresents.com/.
* 20th CENTURY CELEBRATION: 100 Years of Music. The POINTE Performing Arts Center in Orlando is doing two shows, on Friday and Saturday at 7:30 and 9 p.m., and one show on Sunday at 7 p.m. This promises to be fun for ALL ages, and the special end of summer ticket prices are only $5 for children, students and seniors, and $10 for general admission.
For info: http://www.pointearts.org/.
* VINTAGE HITCHCOCK: A LIVE RADIO PLAY kicks off on Friday at the Breakthrough Theatre in Winter Park.
For info: http://www.facebook.com/events/345830548795331/.
Upcoming auditions include:
* AUDITIONS for URINETOWN, the show that will be performed at Valencia College Theatre. To get the dates/location of the auditions, log on to
* AUDITIONS for “13” at the Breakthrough Theatre in Winter Park. For details log onto http://www.facebook.com/events/346272472124931/.
* DANCER AUDITIONS with ME Dance, Inc. on Saturday, Sept. 15 at 8:30 p.m. at Metropolis Productions/Metro Movement & Aerial Arts, 9468 American Eagle Way, Suite 100, Orlando. Email Auditions@medance.org for gate code access number. These auditions are for male and female dancers, 18 years or older; a strong dance technique is required, and styles include: ballet, Jazz, contemporary, hip hop and tap. A headshot and resume is required. Sign in begins at 7:30 p.m.
* GORING FEST: The Playwrights’ Round Table is holding auditions for Goring Fest this weekend! The Event page link is https://www.facebook.com/events/307416416023167/.
* RHINOCEROS – Frost/Butcher are delighted to announce they will be staging “Rhinoceros,” a masterpiece of absurdist theatre that explores conformity, individuality, philosophy and morality – all through the window of a small town where people are, inexplicably, turning into rhinoceros. If you want to be part of an engaging, aggressive, distinctly unique theatrical experience, come on out and audition. The event page is: http://www.facebook.com/events/145682365571470/.
For more information about the show, visit http://www.frostbutcher.samuelbutcher.net/.
Here are some early postings for events next week:
* “TITANIC: THE MUSICAL” in concert, being presented by the Central Florida Community Arts on Friday, Sept. 7 for ONE NIGHT ONLY! Tickets are just $10! The show is slightly more than two hours long, with one intermission, and is suitable for all audiences. For info: http://www.cfcommunitychoir.com/home/index.php/events/10-blog/events/55.
* “THE PAPER BAG PRINCESS” will be shown Sept. 6-30 at The Orlando Repertory Theatre at Loch Haven Park. Tickets start at just $11, with public performances on Saturdays and Sundays at 2 and 5:30 p.m. There will be an OPENING SATURDAY BOGO: Buy one adult ticket and get one child’s ticket free to either performance in the opening Saturday on Sept. 8. Call 407-896-7365 for tickets, or log on to http://www.orlandorep.com/Index.aspx.
* Première – ME Dance, Inc. will be on Sept. 8-9 at the Garden Theatre in downtown Winter Garden. ME Dance, Inc. is the newest professional dance organization in the heart of Central Florida.
To reserve your tickets, visit http://MEdance.org/.
ME Dance, Inc. is a not-for-profit arts organization, and patrons who attend the shows will help the Arts strive here in Central Florida.
Show times are Sept. 8 at 8 p.m. and Sept. 9 at 7:30 p.m. Ticket prices are $20 for general admission. The venue is the Garden Theatre at 160 W. Plant St. in Winter Garden.
Central Florida Theatre in Process is an ongoing group created to discuss, promote, debate, and create dialogue on theatre and all performing arts in the Central Florida area. To promote growth and learning, to faciliate the free exchang …
We now have 1,313 members.
Contact us at FreelineOrlando@gmail.com.