Each week CFTiP will provide resources and links to a variety of events playing in the Central Florida area, along with news and views! To get involved, join the conversation at our Facebook group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/277284114334/.
Upcoming events this weekend include:
* The 8th Annual Red Chair Affair at the Bob Carr Performing Arts Center auditorium in downtown Orlando. This is the Annual Kickoff to the Performing Arts Season featuring 14 mainstage groups, as well as lobby and VIP events! General admission is $22, and for student or senior, it’s $15. This is Family friendly entertainment. For information: https://www.facebook.com/events/346190242121827/
* ROCK ORLANDO from the Greater Orlando Actors Theatre (G.O.A.T.) of Winter Park. Come enjoy a great show and help GOAT celebrate the launching of its new space at 2431 Aloma Ave. #300 in Winter Park. This is a PG-rated event.
For info: https://www.facebook.com/events/260862024031860/.
* “Everybody Loves Chlamydia” at the Footlight Theatre at the Parliament House Resort in downtown Orlando on Mondays, from Aug. 27 through Sept. 3, 10, 17 and 24 at 8 p.m. This show, billed as “camp comedy,” is a transfer from the Orlando International Fringe Theatre Festival last May. In the show, Chlamydia teams up with Promiscuity in a plot to take over the town of Virginity and destroy the world. Tickets are $10 in advance. Mature audiences for this one.
For info: http://www.WanziePresents.com/ (Mature Audiences Only)
* “Nunsense” at the Winter Park Playhouse, on its final weekend. ” … this production turns nonsense into some pretty funny stuff,” wrote Matt Palm in The Orlando Sentinel. There are Industry Discounts available at every performance! Shows run Wednesday, Friday and Saturday at 7:30 p.m., along with matinees on Thursdays and Saturdays at 2 p.m. This show is suitable for all ages. Reservations are strongly recommended as some shows are very close to selling out. Call 407-645-0145 for tickets.
For info: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Winter-Park-Playhouse/131739438085
or log on to www.winterparkplayhouse.org.
* “Mr. Marmalade” is playing at the Howler’s Theatre/Renegade Theater Inc., in the Lowndes Shakespeare Center at Loch Haven Park in Orlando. For reservations call 407-797-9785. There are discounts available for students, industry nights and another dollar off if you check in on Facebook at the event. Shows are Friday and Saturday evenings at 8. This is for mature audiences, no one under 18 admitted.
For info: http://howlerstheatre.com/.
* “Falsettos In Concert” at the Baggy Pants Theater in Orlando. This is a staged concert of William Finns and James Lapine’s Tony Award-winning musical, and an annual fund-raiser with only three performances this Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Tickets are available at http://www.baggypantstheater.com/ This is for mature audiences.
There will also be two very special events on Tuesday:
* ARTIST CRITIQUES AND CONVERSATION – JOSH GARRICK at the Art and History Museums in Maitland on Tuesday, Aug. 28. This series for artists and the public is held on the fourth Tuesday of every month at the A&H Museums.
For info: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Artist-Critiques-Conversation/447475438619764.
* AN EVENING WITH MATT PALM at the Orlando Repertory Theatre in Loch Haven Park in Orlando. This will be an informal discussion and information session with the Orlando Sentinel arts writer and theatrical critic, moderated by John DiDonna.
For info: https://www.facebook.com/events/371765202895812/.
Upcoming auditions include:
* Auditions for Disney’s “The Little Mermaid,” “The Life And Advenutes of Santa Claus,” “Surviving Lunch” and “Wrecked” on Saturday, Aug. 25 in The Limelight, 5555 S. Kirkman Road, Suite 104/105, in Orlando. These auditions are for performers in grades K-12. Auditions are by appointment only. For information, email email@example.com, or log on to www.inthelimelightorlando.com or https://www.facebook.com/events/401654689882683/.
The Central Florida Community Arts Kick Off for the Fall 2012 season is coming up, for its Central Florida Community Choir, Central Florida Community Orchestra, and Central Florida Community Children’s & Youth Arts program. No auditions are required, and all levels of talent will be accepted. Questions? Write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We also have one early posting for next week:
Author and actress CHRISTINA CRAWFORD will make a live appearance at the Footlight Theatre at the Parliament House Resort. Get your tickets now to talk to Cristina, author of the book ”Mommie Dearest.’ This event is one night only, on Thursday, Aug. 30 at 7:30.
For reservations, log on to http://www.WanziePresents.com/.
Contact John DiDonna at FreelineOrlando@gmail.com.