AND A WONDERFULLY MERRY CHRISTMAS from us to you!
Productions opening include:
* Every Christmas Story Ever Told (and then some!) runs now through Dec. 23 by the Bat Street Players at the State Theatre, 109 N. Bay St. in downtown Eustis. It’s a comedy by Michael Carleton, James FitzGerald and John K. Alvarez with original music by Will Knapp.
Using just three actors and a little help from the audience, this play crams an entire season’s worth of stories, carols, and television specials into 90 minutes of non-stop laughs. John Gracey, Jim Meadows and Joel Warren will recreate your favorite characters. This is a perfect event for a business holiday celebration.
Group rates of $12 each apply to 15 or more reservations. Regular admission is $15. Contact the box office at 352-357-7777 to book or purchase your tickets online at baystreetplayers.org.
* This Saturday and Sunday, there are two public performances as SOUTHERN WINDS THEATRE PRESENTS A ONE MAN “A CHRISTMAS CAROL.”
Come and celebrate Southern Winds Theatre’s 15th year of its one-man “A Christmas Carol,” and Charles Dickens’ 200th birthday. Directed by Marylin McGinnis, it plays at The Venue, 511 Virginia Drive in Orlando on Dec. 22-23 at 7:30 p.m. Expect lots of surprises! Tickets for adults are $20, and students and seniors pay $15.
For tickets and information, call 407-341-3495 or order tickets on line at www.southernwindstheatre.com.
Productions continuing (including some final weekends!):
* Dickens By Candlelight 15th Anniversary is a true Orlando tradition, an event that begins with caroling and continues into an immersive theatre experience complete with tea and cookies played out in candlelight. It runs through Sunday, Dec. 23 at varied times at the Dr Phillips Center at Lake Ivanhoe. All tickets are $35, and group rates and specials are available.
For info: hhhttp://www.dickensbycandlelight.com/Dickens_By_Candlelight/Welcome.html, or https://www.facebook.com/#!/events/250936321702167/?fref=ts.
* DRIP is an in-your-face explosion of color and movement backed by a live rock band — a sexier, co-ed, garage version of the Blue Man Concept for adults. It plays every Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Doors open at 7:30 p.m. The show starts a little after 8 p.m. at DRIP’s new industrial dive bar on International Drive.
Tickets start at $29.
For info: http://www.ILoveDRIP.comhttps://www.facebook.com/ILoveDRIP.
* A CHRISTMAS CAROL continues at Theatre Downtown every Thursday through Saturday at 8 p.m. and Sundays at 2:30 p.m. through Dec. 23. Call 407-841-0083 for reservations. Come see the classic Dickens tale come to life!
For details: www.theatredowntown.net.
* This is your last chance to see Wally Doogan’s Holiday Revue!, with two more performances on Friday and Saturday. Help the Princess Theater, the cast of Wally and Creative Sanford give back this holiday season! Bring a new unwrapped toy or children’s book and your child gets in for only $5. Donations go to Toys For Tots, or bring in a canned good or box of food and get your ticket for only $5. Donations go to the Seminole County Food Bank. Doors open at 7:30 p.m., show starts at 8. There is no Sunday matinee this final weekend!Tickets are $10, on sale now.
For info: http://www.celerysoupsanford.com/.
* There is only one more performance of Amahl & the Night Visitors on Sunday, Dec. 23 at 2 p.m. at the Moonlight Players Theatre, 732 W. Montrose St. in Clermont. There is a suggested donation of $10 per person or $20 per family.
For info: http://www.facebook.com/events/395498927189944/?ref=ts&fref=ts.
* THE FARNDALE AVENUE HOUSING ESTATE TOWNSWOMEN’S GUILD DRAMATIC SOCIETY’S PRODUCTION OF ‘A CHRISTMAS CAROL’ is an Orlando Shakespeare Theater production in partnership with the University of Central Florida at the Lowndes Shakespeare Center in Orlando. They present Dicken’s A Christmas Carol like you’ve never seen it before! Missing actors, a special appearance by Santa Claus, and a few show-stopping tunes guarantee a night the entire family will never forget. Now playing through Dec. 30, tickets, priced at $16-$40, are on sale now by calling 407-447-1700.
* Wanzie’s GLITTERING STAR-STUDDED A CHRISTMAS CAROL: A Dickens’ Inspired Celebrity Cavalcade Holiday Spectacle is the most twisted version of the Dickens’ classic you’ll ever see, and see it you must as this is the Very LAST YEAR for this production. Also starring Carol Lee, Doug White, Gidget Galore, Miss Sammy, Wanzie and puppet master Doug Ba’aser, it ends on Saturdays at 7:30 p.m. at the Footlight Theatre at The Parliament House Resort. Ticket price includes complimentary club admission for the remainder of the evening — $16 in advance, $20 at the door if available. For reservations call 407-540-0317.
Those 13 years old and up are welcome to attend with a parent or guardian. Those under 18 must exit the complex after the show.
* Auditions for a new musical preview showcase: FAIREST, an original musical written by Bryan Daluge and Elaine Pechacek, which is previewing 13 songs from the original score along with narration and is in need of 10 vocalists, male and female. Auditions will be held on Sunday, Jan. 6 and is by appointment only. Please send headshot and resume to FairestTheMusical@gmail.com. Performance dates are Feb. 9-10 at The Master Class Theatre in Winter Park.
* The Humor Mill Orlando Sketch Comedy troupe announces its Winter 2013 Class offerings including Sketch Comedy for Actors, Sketch Comedy for the High School Actor and Professional Sketch Comedy training program Level One auditions. Visit www.thehumormillorlando.com for more information on class pricing and dates and times of the classes.
Each week Central Florida Theatre in Process will provide resources and links to a variety of events playing in the Central Florida area, along with news and views! To get involved, join the conversation at our Facebook group at www.facebook.com/groups/277284114334/.
Contact John DiDonna at FreelineOrlando@gmail.com.